What would you say
If someone asks you which is the most multicultural, craziest and fast-paced city in Europe?
Well, since London decided to turn its back on EU, the answer comes easy:
It’s Madrid, without any doubts!
I visited Madrid once, during winter time, on occasion of a business trip with the University and something literally SHOCKED me about this city.
…It was a boring Monday night, drizzling outside…when we decided to go out anyway to make the best of our time in the city and forget about How Much Organized-Business-Trips Can Be Annoying.
At 2 am the main streets and bars were so crowded. The “party” atmosphere was so overwhelming that we thought How-the-Hell we could have had just only imagined staying at the hotel that night…on a boring Monday night, drizzling outside…
After that night, I like to think of Madrid as the city that never sleeps, a sort of New York of Europe.
Making a list of the best things to do in Madrid is actually a very hard job.
But here it is our best try!
- Sorry! You cannot skip art! Mandatory visit to famous museums like Museo del Prado, Centro de Arte Reina Sofia, Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza and Caixa Forum
- Walk through Parque del Buen Retiro until you reach the beautiful Palacio De Cristal
- Go treasure hunting in El Rastro Market, the most famous and old flea market in town and get lost in the Lavapiés neighborhood
- Grab some cold beers and look for the best tapas of the city. Although it has a more touristic tone, we suggest you pass by Mercado de San Miguel and continue your tapas tour in the neighborhood La Latina. You can stop by La Cava Baja, Plaza de la Cebada… and finish with a great mojito at Delic at Plaza de la Paja
- Visit Palacio Real and all the plazas such as Plaza de Cibeles, Plaza Mayor and Puerta do Sol
- Walk along the Gran Via, the Broadway of Madrid, and Fuencarral Street, the core of the alternative culture in Madrid. This street separates the neighborhoods of Malasaña and Chueca where you can find the best fashion stores, the coolest bars & restaurants and the most important music venues of the city.
- As SPEAK has finally arrived in Madrid, you can now SIGN UP as a buddy to teach your language and meet other cultures!
As language and cultural exchange Program, SPEAK can’t be more excited to start in such multicultural and lively city. We are already looking for buddies to open new courses in Madrid.
If you feel this is a good time to share your world, apply as a buddy!