If you are curious about languages and the origin of the words, you always like experiencing new things and discovering new cultures, you better have a look at these unconventional Christmas gifts because they’ll make you travel with your mind!
- Green Eggs and Ham and The Cat in the Hat -There’s nothing ordinary about these books. Written by the same author, Dr. Seuss, these are “children books for adults”, respectively written with just 50 and 236 words. Can you imagine that? That’s definitely a funny and creative reading, not only for English beginners.
- “The Meaning of Tingo: and Other Extraordinary words from Around the World”– For the ones obsessed with the origin and the meaning of the words, this book gives an incredible world tour of the best strange words that don’t have a precise English equivalent.
- “Lingo: A Language Spotter’s Guide to Europe”– this intriguing reading will take you on a tour of the European continent via an exploration of linguistics and cultural history.
- Try The World Subscription Box– There’s a way to discover a culture without leaving home and it’s through food. Try The World curates a selection of gourmet foods—including ingredients to cook with, drinks, and snacks—from around the world, delivered to your doorstep every month!
- Ancestry– Using just a saliva sample sent off in the mail, AncestryDNA can estimate your origins to more than 150 ethnic regions around the world. You may end up in a similar situation like Emily, who traced her family all the way back to her ten-times great-grandmother, who just so happened to also be George Washington’s aunt.
This year we had the fantastic idea of SPEAK Xmas vouchers: a window to the world! You can buy the voucher to sign up for any of the SPEAK courses in 2018 or give it to a friend as a special Xmas gift, at a lower price of 15 euros!
Fill the form to get your voucher and treat your loved ones with this SPEAK gif- a world of stories from different languages and cultures.
Stay tuned to the Blog!